Powerhouse Franchises, Including the DC Portfolio, J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World
and Animation, Expand to Offer New Merchandising and Retail Opportunities
Burbank, CA – June 21, 2016—Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) arrives at Licensing Expo 2016 with a slate of franchises and fan-favorite properties to drive its global licensing, merchandising and retail businesses in 2016 and beyond. WBCP will be presenting an incredible array of opportunities from the DC portfolio, including Wonder Woman, DC Super Hero Girls, and The LEGO® Batman Movie; the highly anticipated Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them; the innovative family-adventure S.C.O.O.B.; and more.
“As we head into Licensing Expo 2016 and look to the year ahead, we’re focused on forging new and innovative partnerships with premier licensees and retailers, continuing to build strong franchises, and delivering great product and experiences to our consumers,” said Pam Lifford, President, Warner Bros. Consumer Products. “By strategically leveraging our world-class franchises, we’ll continue to offer our new and seasoned partners more consumer engagement opportunities, best-in-class product and expanded fan experiences.”
DC’s Portfolio Of Super Hero Content
DC is home to the world’s most iconic Super Heroes and Super-Villains and this year Wonder Woman, along with the DC Super Hero Girls, will take center stage. Additionally, WBCP is supporting the Studio’s DC film slate, also including the much anticipated The LEGO Batman Movie and Justice League, as well as the DC TV and Animation portfolios. As the Studio expands the DC universe for fans, WBCP continues to offer merchandise that spans from apparel and toys to new and exciting attractions and traveling exhibitions.
- Celebrating An Icon: Wonder Woman: The most iconic female Super Hero of all time, Wonder Woman will steal the show at Licensing Expo 2016. With a self-titled solo feature film that debuts June 2017 following her blockbuster introduction in Batman v Superman, Wonder Woman will be fully supported by WBCP with a global licensing and merchandising program, highlighted by fashion-focused and trend-right product. Additionally, the legendary Wonder Woman celebrates her 75th anniversary this year and WBCP will commemorate the pop-culture legend with a wide range of merchandise from around the world.
- DC Super Hero Girls Makes Girl Power Global: Front and center at Licensing Expo will be the groundbreaking DC Super Hero Girls franchise, a fun, immersive world that encourages girls to play, watch, read and be inspired to discover their own Super Hero potential. Led by master toy partner Mattel, DC Super Hero Girls is supported with a global merchandising program that crosses multiple categories and rolls out worldwide in July.
- DC TV Hit Programming: WBCP continues to bring fans innovative and collectible product lines featuring characters from DC’s portfolio of fan-favorites, including animated hits Justice League Action and Teen Titans, Go! from Warner Bros. Animation, as well as Warner Bros. Television’s live-action television hits including The Flash, Arrow, Gotham and Supergirl, all returning this fall with new seasons.
The Return To J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World
Licensees and retailers will return to the Wizarding World with the premiere of the highly anticipated big-screen adventure Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Harry Potter’s world continues to expand with themed entertainment initiatives around the world.
- Fantastic Beasts Are Coming: The Wizarding World franchise has been captivating fans since the release of Harry Potter and is now expanding to include new characters, creatures and locations with the debut of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, hitting theaters November 18. To celebrate the film’s debut, Warner Bros. Consumer Products will roll out an all-new program that extends the Wizarding World fan experience with best-in-class products and partnerships. These cross-category opportunities will include a robust publishing program, inspired-by apparel, toys and collectibles, housewares, stationery and more.
- Harry Potter’s Immersive World: A global phenomenon, Harry Potter is one of the most beloved franchises around the world. As J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World expands – from Harry Potter-inspired themed lands in Florida, Japan and Hollywood, to globally touring exhibitions and concert series – WBCP and its partners continue to deliver immersive high quality experiences to extend the journey for the legions of current fans and new generations to come.
WBCP Builds On Its LEGO Portfolio:
WBCP and The LEGO Group continue to build on a powerhouse partnership offering kids and collectors a compelling portfolio of proven brands, including LEGO DC Super Heroes, among many others. Across the Studio, Warner Bros. and The LEGO Group have taken their collaboration to another level for fans, as WBCP and The LEGO Group expand their strategic partnership into a portfolio that offers key product categories, except construction, to support Warner Bros. Pictures’ and The LEGO Group’s feature film offerings, bringing these characters and worlds to fans through an array of product. Exciting properties supported by a LEGO-inspired program, include:
- The LEGO Batman Movie: WBCP and The LEGO Group brings fans of all ages exciting merchandise for the eagerly awaited The LEGO Batman Movie, which takes fans on a new adventure with Batman as the Dark Knight embarks on a personal journey to find himself while learning the importance of teamwork in hopes to save Gotham City from The Joker and the Rogues Gallery.
- The Ninjago Movie: Also from the world of LEGO comes The Ninjago Movie as WBCP and The LEGO Group continue their partnership to create cool and collectible product in driver categories to support the film. Inspired by the wildly popular LEGO line of toys, Ninjago is the story of six young ninja tasked with defending their island home, Ninjago.
Animation Creating New Trends
WBCP’s animation franchise boasts perennial animated favorites, including Looney Tunes, Scooby-Doo and Tom and Jerry, which attract new fans every day. The beloved characters and properties continue to propel new trends and partnerships for WBCP and its globally renowned partners on board with high-profile programs and high-end collaborations. WBCP’s animation offerings also will have fans excited for the theatrical films from Warner Bros. Pictures and WAG Pictures, including S.C.O.O.B.
- Scooby-Doo Hits The Big Screen: Everyone’s favorite canine hits the big screen as we’ve never seen him before in a fully CG film with Warner Bros. Pictures’ and WAG Pictures’ family-adventure C.O.O.B.
- All New Classic Content: The Studio continues to offer fans all-new content, including three shows from Warner Bros. Animation – Wabbit – A Looney Tunes Production, Be Cool Scooby-Doo! and The Tom and Jerry Show – all supported by WBCP and its top-tier licensees.
WBCP’s Library Of Entertainment Properties
WBCP continues to lead the genre with its Seasonal and Horror portfolio offering generations of fans must-have product and experiences inspired by their favorite properties. New to the Studio’s entertainment collection of classics is Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory, as well as the Stanley Kubrick collection. WBCP’s unrivaled portfolio also touts its live-action television slate including such fan-favorites as The Big Bang Theory, among many more.
Located at Booth #N186, WBCP is one of the largest exhibitors at this year’s show.
# # #
About Warner Bros. Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
About DC Entertainment
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash, etc.), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables, etc.) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating across Warner Bros. and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment, and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is one of the largest English-language publishers of comics in the world.